Today we are going to share the Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO Exam 2017. IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria includes the educational qualification, minimum percentage requirement, and the age limit for eligible students. The official notification for IBPS PO 2017 has already been released and the online registrations for IBPS PO Exam will close on 5th September. The Eligibility criteria for IBPS PO Prelims & Mains exam will help you identify whether you are eligible to appear for IBPS PO or not.
Let us now have a look at the percentage requirement, age criteria and other educational qualification under the Eligibility criteria of IBPS PO Exam 2017.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility requirements in brief for IBPS PO 2017 including an age limit for eligibility, eligibility percentage, educational qualification and educational eligibility criteria. Take a quick look to find out if you pass the eligibility criteria-
IBPS PO Age Limit
- The age limit of minimum 20 years and maximum 30 years old as on 01/08/2017 is the eligibility for IBPS PO exam.
- This means candidates who are born earlier than 02/08/1987 or later than 01/08/1997 do not pass the eligibility criteria to apply for IBPS PO 2017 (subject to age relaxation). Both these dates are inclusive for age calculation.
- Candidates appearing for IBPS PO may seek age relaxation based on following –
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|People who ordinarily domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|People affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment||5 years|
|Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
- Candidates who request relaxation in age limit to pass the eligibility will have to produce relevant certificates in original as well as Xerox when called for Interview or at any stage of recruitment as required by IBPS.
Educational Requirements for IBPS PO
- IBPS PO Degree requirement: As on 05.09.2017, the candidate must possess graduation degree in any discipline/stream from a Government of India recognized university or he/she must have any equivalent qualification, recognized by the Central Government to appear in IBPS PO 2017.
- IBPS PO Educational Qualification: A valid mark sheet or degree certificate must be present with the student certifying that he/she is a graduate as on the day prescribed by IBPS. The date mentioned on the mark sheet/provisional certificate, issued by the University will be considered as the date of passing the eligibility examination.
The final result of the candidates should have been declared on or before 05/09/2017. Students will have to submit relevant documents, certifying the declaration of result on or before 05/09/2017 at the time of Interview.
- IBPS PO Educational Eligibility Criteria: If any university provides a web-based certificate or the result is posted online then the candidate will be required to submit relevant original document or certificate signed by an appropriate college/ university authority, clearly mentioning the date of passing from the Institute, and will have to be presented at the time of interview, otherwise the eligibility criteria will not be met.
- IBPS PO Eligibility Percentage: In case any university/college awards CGPA/OGPA, the candidates are required to convert it into a percentage (nearest to 2 decimal places) and mention it in the application form. Percentage fraction in scores will be ignored, i.e. if a student has secured 59.99% marks, it will be treated as less than 60%.
Percentage Calculation under Educational Qualification Criteria
- The percent marks will be calculated by dividing the total marks that the student has obtained in all the semester (s)/ year (s) by the aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects, irrespective of honours/ optional/ additional optional subject if any) and then multiplied by 100.
- This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
- In cases where CGPA / OGPA is awarded by the Institute, the same should be converted into the percentage and mentioned in the online application. At the time of the interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority stating the norms of the University regarding the conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
Note: There is no mention of the minimum number of attempts in the official notification of IBPS.
This was IBPS PO Prelims eligibility criteria 2017. If you fulfil the eligibility criteria then don’t forget to check out the expected Exam pattern and Syllabus of IBPS PO Exam 2017, IBPS PO 2017 Tentative Vacancies, as well as the IBPS PO cut off of this exam. Make sure you go through these posts as well to increase your chances at IBPS PO selection process.
Stay updated on IBPS PO eligibility criteria 2017 on our page. To see where you stand at your exam preparation for IBPS PO 2017, take a mock test.