Service of home issues has as of late discharged the enrollment warning for Intelligence Bureau Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Grade – II. This is a decent open door for the competitors who need to serve the nation. Notwithstanding, all the showing up hopefuls need to think about IB Salary and Work Profile. Read this article to thoroughly understand IB Salary and work profile including the profession development.
Intelligence Bureau is most reputed intelligence agency in our country. Therefore it is natural that many of the questions will arise in your mind before applying for the job. Here is the detailed information about the IB Salary and Work Profile including promotions.
IB Salary and Work Profile of ACIO
Salary Structure of IB Intelligence Officers (ACIO)
The Job is known for its lavish salary structure. The pay scale is 9300- 34,800 that varies based the on the area of posting. Besides this, the selected candidates will get special security allowances.
- Gross salary in Metro Cities – 68,256
- Gross salary in Rural Areas – 61,064
Job Posting of IB Intelligence Officers (ACIO)
- IB ACIO is a very unpredicted job, one can be posted in any state including border regions.
- It is one of the very risky jobs. Hence, female candidates are not posted on the border and Naxalist region.
Training of IB Intelligence Officers (ACIO)
Every batch of ACIO, which happens once in 2 years, has 750 Joinees. But, the training center at Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh can accommodate only 120 trainees at a time. So, these 750 people are divided into 6 batches and are sent to training one-by-one.
The training comprises of three stages:
- Phase 1 Training – Shivpuri, MP – 60 Days
- Phase 2 Training – Delhi – 60 Days
- Phase 3 – On The Job Training – 60 Days
Work Profile of IB Intelligence Officers (ACIO)
It is security agency so your job is related to the security subject at national and central level. Usually, the newly recruited candidates are posted on border areas for the limited duration of time. Special Preference is given to female candidates. The actual job will start after 3 years.
Usually, the work allotted to an officer includes –
- The collection of secret information.
- Vigilance on Terrorist.
- Being ready to deal any kind of crisis situation.
- Keep the track of all the issues of threatening activities in Border Areas.
- Intelligence collection in Border Areas.
Promotions of IB Intelligence Officers (ACIO)
After the training, the ACIO initially start working. They are posted in most of the Districts in India are peaceful. However, this initial posting will be as ACIO – II. After three years, 300 people out of the initial 750 get Promoted to ACIO-I.
- ACIO-II to ACIO-I –> 3-4 Years (By Age 28)
- ACIO-I to DCIO –> 10 Years (By Age 38-40)
Most of the normal ones retire as DCIOs. But, those who work a bit more, who are more competent, and who have a better career profile, would get further promotions.
- DCIO to Assistant Director.
- Assistant Director to Joint Deputy Director.
Few get the chance to serve at the superintendent level, but it is not possible in all cases. After years of job, one can get promoted to a higher post. Many of them get elected to serve RAW. Moreover, one can get recruited as the RAW agent only after years of experience.
Advantages of being ACIO in IB
- Interesting unpredictable job profile.
- Has a lot of Respect and Social Status.
- Every district has its own challenges. So, profile varies with every transfer you get.
Disadvantages of being an ACIO in IB
- Promotions are less and slower.
- The risk is always there. If you act foolishly, and go to a Naxal zone and announce you are an Officer, you may end up being dead.
- You can be posted anywhere. Family Stability and Metro Postings will be less. But most of the work happens in the District HQ, so it is a Tier 2 City/Town.
All we can sum up, the Job is an adventurous job for those who like to serve the country for security. To know more about the IB Recruitment, you can read the following articles by clicking on the link below:
IB ACIO FAQs for Recruitment 2017