GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering -It is a national level examination which gets conducted each year. The main reason of conducting this examination is to test the aptitude and subject knowledge of the applicant and on the basis of that; they get admission in Engineering PG programmes.
Each year GATE gets conducted successfully at various examination centers and as like every year, this year also the examination will be conducted soon. As per year, the notification of GATE 2017 will be released in August 2016. So all the interested candidates can check out the eligibility criteria in order to apply for it. The GATE is conducted by IIT’s and IISc. Generally examination held conducted from last week of January- February . Numbers of candidates appear for this examination every year. If you are going to apply for GATE 2017, than given details may be helpful for you.
Important Dates for GATE 2017 (Tentative)
|GATE 2017 Notification availability||August 2016|
|Online application process starts from (website commences)||September 2016|
|Closing date for online application||October 2016|
|Closing date for request for change of city||November 2016|
|Admit Card availability||December 2016|
|GATE 2017 On-line Examination||Jan-Feb 2017|
|Announcement of Result||March 2017|
|for Gen and OBC Male candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|for Women candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|for SC/ST/PD candidates||Rs. 750/-|
1) Candidate must have completed B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/BPharmfrom a recognized university.
2) Candidate who have completed master’s degree from a recognized university.
3) Candidates who have done B.Sc research/B.S post diploma after 12th can also apply for it.
4) Candidate must have completed integrated M.Sc or five year integrated B.S. – M.S program from a recognized university.
5) Candidates who have done with their qualify examination, all of them they need to submit the degree certificate.
6) Candidate must have completed integrated M.E/M.Tech after B.Sc can also apply for it.