IB Syllabus 2017: IB ACIO Syllabus 2017 for Tier I (prelims) and II (mains) exam – Detailed topic wise IB ACIO Syllabus 2017 and exam pattern released by Intelligence Bureau of India for the post of Grade II – Assistant Central Intelligence Officer (ACIO)
The selection process of IB ACIO 2017 has 3 stages of Exam and it will be follows as:
- Tier I – Prelims Exam (Objective type)
- Tier II – Mains Exam (Descriptive type)
The final Selection will be made based on candidate’s combined score of Tier I, Tier II & Interview. Intelligence Bureau of India will conduct ACIO exam to be conducted in October for 1430 Grade II – Assistant Central Intelligence Officer vacancies. IB ACIO admit card 2017 for prelims Tier-1 examination will available at mha.nic.in from the last week of September 2017.
Also see: UIIC Assistant Syllabus 2017
IB ACIO Syllabus 2017 – Tier I Exam
MHA IB ACIO Syllabus 2017 for tier 1 preliminary exam consist of quantitative aptitude, general awareness, English language and logical / analytical ability sections with 100 objective based questions for 100 marks. The maximum time duration of IB ACIO online test is 60 minutes.
- Exam Name: IB ACIO Grade II
- Job types: Govt Jobs
- Number of Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100
- Time Duration: 1 hour
- Type of Questions: Objective
- Negative marks: 0.25
IB ACIO Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Tier 1 follows as:
|General Awareness||25||25||60 min|
|Logical / Analytical Ability||25||25|
- The first level is the IB ACIO Tier-1 examination where you would be writing an online examination entirely of Objective Multiple Choice.
- There would be 4 sections in IB Tier-1 exam where candidates will be tested in quantitative aptitude, general awareness, English language and logical & analytical ability spanning over an hour.
- In one hour (60 minutes) candidates are supposed to answer 100 questions (25 from each section) for 100 marks.
- There is negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer and so candidates are advised to be careful in answering the questions in IB ACIO exam 2017.
IB ACIO Syllabus 2017 – Tier II Exam
IB ACIO Syllabus 2017 for tier 2 exam consist of 1 essay writing topic and English comprehension. It’s a descriptive nature and conducted for 50 marks.
IB ACIO Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Tier 2 follows as:
|Essay (1 topic)||30||60 min|
- The paper is descriptive in IB ACIO tier-2 and it is basically an offline exam where candidates need to write the answers in detail unlike choosing the correct answer as in Tier-1.
- Questions worth 50 marks are to be answered in a time duration of 60 minutes in Tier-2
- Essay writing and English Comprehension & Precis will be asked usually in IB ACIO tier-2 examination which should be weightage of 30 marks and 20 marks respectively.
- The base qualifying marks in Tier-2 is 33%.
Now check the topic wise MHA IB ACIO syllabus and online exam pattern for English language, quantitative aptitude, general awareness and Analytical Ability sections.
IB ACIO Syllabus – English Language:
Basic questions will be asked in this section to analyse the candidates overall in English language.
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Completion
- Para Jumbles
- Sentence Correction
IB ACIO Syllabus – General Awareness:
- Current Affairs
- National and International News
- World Events, Science and Sports.
- Indian History and politics
- Banking, Economy and Organizations
- Stats based questions.
IB ACIO Syllabus – Logical / Analytical Ability:
- Number systems and Odd Man Out
- Statements and Conclusions
- Matching figures and patterns (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
- Analytical Problems
- Missing Letters
- Blood Relations
IB ACIO Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude:
- Numbers, LCM, HCF
- Percentages, Profit and Loss
- Ages, Averages and interest
- Ratios, Mixtures and Allegations
- Time, work, pipes and cisterns.
- Distance, Trains and Boats
- Probability & Statistics
- Basic questions in Mensuration