CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017: The qualification criteria of the Common Admission Test or CAT alludes that any MBA hopeful who has finished or showed up in the Bachelor’s Degree last examination with least 50 for every penny total are qualified to show up for the test. Feline 2017 qualification criteria has been authoritatively declared on July 29 alongside the official notice. The qualification criteria of CAT has stayed same throughout the years and it is normal that it will keep on being an indistinguishable this year from well. The CAT qualification criteria 2017 change as per the class of the hopefuls. It is prompted that before applying or notwithstanding considering about showing up for CAT, MBA hopefuls should know the qualification criteria legitimately. IIM Lucknow will be directing CAT 2017. This article of Careers360 conveys to you CAT 2017 qualification criteria.
Latest: CAT Registration 2017 is available from August 9
IIMs have mentioned the CAT eligibility criteria in terms of the academics and candidate categories. The following points bring to you the eligibility criteria of CAT as stated by the exam conducting authorities.
Highlights of CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with least 50 for each penny imprints or proportionate CGPA granted by a perceived college or instructive foundation as fused by an Act of the Parliament or State lawmaking body in India or announced to be regarded as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or have a comparable capability perceived by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. For the held classification hopefuls, for example, Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD), the base rate to be secured in Bachelor’s Degree is 45 for every penny.
- Applicants showing up for the last year of Bachelor’s degree/comparable capability examination and the individuals who have finished degree necessities and are anticipating comes about are additionally qualified to apply. Nonetheless, they will be given temporary confirmation just till the time they present an authentication from the Principal/Registrar of their University/establishment (issued at the very latest the date as stipulated by the particular IIM) expressing that they have finished every one of the prerequisites for getting the Bachelor’s degree/identical capability on the date of the issue of the testament.
- Amid the season of utilization, applicants need to satisfy any of the accompanying three conditions:
1. Finished Bachelor’s Degree with essential level of imprints
2. Finished Professional Degree with imperative level of imprints
3. Ought to be in the last year of Bachelor’s Degree with imperative imprints rate
- The computation of the imprints rate will be done on the premise of the training took after by the separate University/Institute. On the off chance that the Institute/University offers grades/CGPA, the transformation to level of imprints would be founded on the method as affirmed by the individual University/Institution. In the event that there is no such transformation conspire took after by the establishment, the identicalness will be computed by partitioning the hopeful’s CGPA by the most extreme conceivable CGPA, and increasing the outcome with 100.
CAT 2017 Eligibility – Reservation Criteria
- As per the lawful necessities, IIMs and other government foundations need to take after the reservation criteria as given underneath
- 15 for each penny of the seats are held for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 7.5 for every penny of the seats are held for Scheduled Tribe (ST)
- 27 for each penny seats are held for Other Backward Classes (OBC) having a place with non-velvety layers
Three for every penny seats are saved for Persons With Disability (PWD) applicants. The three classifications of incapacity are: a) low vision visual deficiency, b) hearing weakness and c) loco engine inability/cerebral paralysis. This arrangement is material if the competitor experiences any of the recorded inabilities to the degree of at the very least 40 for every penny, as confirmed by a medicinal expert as recommended and clarified in the said PWD Act, 1995 (Section 39).
The applicants having a place with the held classifications need to score least cutoff percentile at CAT 2017 alongside the qualification criteria keeping in mind the end goal to be shortlisted for the confirmation procedure.
Information for Reserved Category Candidates
- The position or tribe of competitors having a place with SC and ST classes must be recorded in the Government of India plan. The standing declaration which they would submit to IIMs should convey the accompanying data:
- (a) Name of position or tribe
- (b) Whether applicant has a place with Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe
- (c) District and the State or Union Territory of unique living arrangement(d) the suitable Government of India plan under which your standing/tribe is affirmed by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
Amid the application procedure, the held classification hopefuls need to transfer the SC/ST/NC-OBC/PWD certificate(s). In the event that competitors neglect to transfer the records, the application may get dismissed by IIMs.
The application procedure of CAT 2017 begin from the August 9. A year ago, 2,34,434 applicants connected for the exam though 1,95,000 of them showed up for the test. Feline scores will be acknowledged by 20 IIMs alongside more than 100 B-schools crosswise over India. IIMs offer around 4,000 seats. The exam example of CAT will be target sort test conveying 100 inquiries from Quantitative Ability, Verbal and Reading Comprehension and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning.